Welcome
Welcome to kitcars

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Chick DeLorenzo

Here is the place to post stories, jokes, rant and rave...vent...or what have you.....

Chick DeLorenzo

Postby BudShort » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:35 pm

I just read that Chick DeLorenzo in Butler, New Jersey passed away on Jan 3, 2012. I hate to hear of his passing, he was a fun guy and a mover and shaker in the kit car industry. He is the one that sold me my Avenger GT-15 many years ago. I heard that he also was producing Avengers from his own shop that looked almost like the Fiberfab Avengers except that he didn't have the air outlet flat spots from the top of the hood. If you see an Avenger without the air hole spots on the hood, it's probably one of Chick's. Chick also owned one of the few Tucker Torpedo cars, number 1051, the one that was still on the assembly line when Preston Tucker got shut down. It got assembled from parts in the factory. Truly the last Tucker.
BudShort

Return to Soap Box